The disadvantages of mobile street photographyAlthough there are some downsides with taking photos on a smartphone
- limited battery life on your phone
- touching the screen as a trigger isn’t great
- Larger smart phones don’t provide comfortable grip
- Smartphones can be a more appealing target to steal
- screens can be hard to see in bright sun light
The resultsHere are a few photos I’ve taken recently only with a smartphone.
Returning to the startI really got into photography thank to the iPhone 5S. The taste of photography I picked up then made me want to improve and get a dedicated camera and yet I soon learned that the camera wasn’t the real issue. Despite that I spent four years documenting my journey with cameras here. It’s been a great adventure but now I’m excited about mobile phone photography again. In a months time I may completely regret this experiment and think I was crazy, but for now I’m enjoying it.
Also published on Medium.