PerseverancePerseverance is a dirty word in our world now. Not giving up, digging in and holding out through the tough spots is very against our culture. We’re encouraged more to move on, start the new exciting thing, and try something new out. Perserverance says give it one more go, try harder, weather the storm and success doesn’t come overnight.
RestartingYesterday I caught John Saddington giving advice on how he’d restart a blog if he were to start again today. A lot of it resonated with me
- Just start writing
- Use whatever platform is easy for you
- Don’t worry about your social media plan
- Don’t worry about comments
- to thy own self be true
my Blogging “plan”
- Becoming a staff writer for Churchmag and focusing most of my writing there.
- writing whatever I feel like
- sticking with WordPress and using a simple theme
- considering turning off comments (not many people do comment, those who do could probably comment)
- sharing links to posts I write for Churchmag
- blogging my yearly goals again
- starting a new project…not on this site.
- maybe sharing on social media, if I feel like it.